Wargame Warrior

Tabletop games with model soldiers.

Forums

Forum Home > World War 2 > My Figures

Adam
Site Owner

A platoon (plusa few support options) is about all I can realisticaslly commit to in 28mm :) Small forces, yes, but giving a good game with plenty t think about which you don't have the time for in a company sized bash.

August 30, 2015 at 6:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Adam
Site Owner

Added a Hanomag to my collection of 28mm ish painted vehicles last weekend.

November 24, 2015 at 5:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Adam
Site Owner

Warlord are doing a half price sale on all their plastic sprues, so 28mm WW2 will be included in that. This weekend only:

http://store.warlordgames.com/collections/bolt-action-armoury/plastic-sprues

November 27, 2015 at 12:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hanni
Administrator

Brassic.  :(

November 27, 2015 at 1:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Adam
Site Owner

I picked up a painted Hanomag at a collectors fair last month.

I am pretty sure this is a 1/48 scale model, so a bit on the big side for 28mm figures. With bases taken ioto account looks okay to me though. Just ahve to make sure it is only seen with other 1/48 Hanomags... As I will only ever be playing this scale at platoon level, a couple of Hanomags will be all I ever need.

December 4, 2015 at 5:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jim
Administrator

i have two of those :P they seem about the right scale for 28mm considering the base and then the metal base on my figures. im getting the majority of the figures painted this week for the game in april already have the two tricycles and 5 motorbikes painted up as i showed nick and les last month.

--

gits, the lot of you :P

February 22, 2016 at 10:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jim
Administrator

blacktree have been doing snap sales since christmas at 50% off. the current one runs out tonight at midnight and was only for three days

--

February 22, 2016 at 10:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jim
Administrator

btw i should be ok for just about everything for the april game figure wise maybe just some terrain is all that will be needed by others.

--

February 22, 2016 at 10:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Adam
Site Owner

My Hanomag will be available... I also have a couple of German trucks.

February 25, 2016 at 5:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jim
Administrator

so considering all the hiatus last year with the  painter/ friend, im planning on a decent sized game about the end of may i'll need that long to get paint etc etc and give the figures to the 'new' painter and give him a month to do them... im only after three vickers teams although anyone contributing 28mm brits will be welcome.

rules will be disposable heroes/coffin for seven brothers, and the venue will be wayland games in hockley.

im thinking of adapting the rules to D20 rather than D10 but thats another long term project which wont be completed anytime soon.

i plan on making this a big group of people game, with nick, les and adam as one company of troops most probably british and another gaming group another company of british and a third gaming group as the germans. adam i seem to recall you might have been able to supply a sherman or two, or was i thinking of someone else?.

hoping everyone can make this one. i've asked for three tables to be reserved and another for gumpf to be put on. obviously food and drinks are on site.

last time was too cramped table space wise and i didnt have any transport / AFV's ready currently in that department im fine for germans with a stug and panzer 4 with skirts and a couple of 56th hanomangs and a couple of the 48th scales almost identical to adams one. i have a panther but its still on its sprue atm.

--

March 9, 2017 at 6:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Adam
Site Owner

I have at least one Sherman, I will check in case I have two...

--

March 12, 2017 at 9:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Adam
Site Owner

I picked up another Hanomag for a £5 at the toy fair in Brentwood last weekend, so German infantry are never gonna have to walk anywhere! :) No shermans on offer or I would have snapped hem up, all the 1/50 - 1/43 WW2 stuff seems to go for £5-£10 at toy collectors shows. Also as many larger diecast Corgi/LLEDO cars as you can carry away for 50p-£1 each. (I now have a BUF staff car and a Model T van in military ambuance livery. )

August 21, 2017 at 3:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.